Groups and Mailing Lists
All active Steering Committees, Working Groups, and the Board of Directors have dedicated space on the member platform and an email list. From time to time, a Steering Committee/Working Group may establish Task Forces in order to achieve progress on specific topics or work items in an efficient and focused way. Task Forces may apply to their parent group to also have a dedicated space on the member platform and an email list. Alternatively, the Task Force may choose to conduct all activity within the parent’s space and email list.
If a Task Force needs a dedicated space on the member platform and an email list, and the parent group agrees, the Leader and/or Chair may write to the Operations Director via [email protected] with the request. The setup of a dedicated space and mailing list will progress within two weeks of the request unless there are any questions or issues to address. Each Task Force will be precluded by their parent Steering Committee or Working Group’s abbreviation in their created Member Platform listing.
Each dedicated space includes the following:
- Ability for Member Representatives to join/leave Groups at will according to their Member Level
- General information about the group (including group leadership, email, and link to confluence)
- A feed to post and communicate within the group
- A roster, which lists the individual participants, all of whom are automatically subscribed to receive emails sent to that Group’s email list.
- A calendar of the Group’s scheduled meetings
- Documents accessible in a document repository
Once a Task Force is no longer active, the Leader and/or Chair must inform the Operations Director via [email protected] to archive the dedicated space and mailing list. Whenever a Steering Group or Working Group is disbanded, the dedicated space and mailing list will be automatically archived.