IOWN Global Forum Tools
IOWN Global Forum uses a number of tools to enable collaboration among the global membership. Current tools being utilized include:
- VMX Member Platform: The entryway hub to all of IOWN Global Forum member content. Via the VMX Member Platform you can manage your individual account details and your company membership, find other Members, access Members-only and public resources, see upcoming meetings and events, and join all IOWN Global Forum groups accessible to your membership class (including the Board, Steering Committees, Working Groups, and Task Forces)
- How you and/or your colleagues can access this tool: Primary Contacts can add additional company representatives from the Company Roster page. Additional accounts can also be requested by e-mailing [email protected] with the full name and company e-mail of the individual requesting an account.
- Confluence: A confluence account is essential for representatives who wish to actively participate in group activities. This is the tool used for document collaboration, task management, and unofficial discussions.
- How you and/or your colleagues can access this tool: Sign up for an account using a corporate email with an approved domain.
- JIRA Work Management: The Kanban / project management tool for Chairs and Task Force Leaders who wish to streamline and manage projects for their groups.
- How you and/or your colleagues can access this tool: Access to JIRA is limited to Chairs, Task Force Leaders, and contributing members at the request of a Chair or Task Force Leader. To maintain transparency of the work efforts to all members, regular status updates will be provided at group meetings. To request access, please contact the Chair or Task Force Leader of the group, and the Chair or Task Force leader will make the request by sending an e-mail to the Operations Director via [email protected]. Chairs or Task Force leaders may request a Kanban board for a group by sending an e-mail to the Operations Director via [email protected]. Further details can be found in Instructions to Access JIRA Work Management.
- Webex: The tool used for video conferencing, online meetings, screen share, and webinars. Many Board/Steering Committee/Working Group/Task Force meetings are held using Webex, as are the online Member Meetings. Chairs and other Leaders within IOWN GF can set up and start the meetings, and all Members can attend the meetings.
- How you and/or your colleagues can access this tool: Follow the access URL in any meeting invite and follow the prompts. Chairs and Task Force Leaders may request the login information to create a meeting by e-mailing [email protected].
- GoToMeeting: A supplementary tool used for video conferencing, online meetings, and screen share.
- How you and/or your colleagues can access this tool: Follow the access URL in any meeting invite and follow the prompts.
- Mailing Lists: Mailing lists are used for all member and Board/Steering Committee/Working Group/Task Force communications. All Member Representatives with an account in the Member Platform are on the all member mailing list and receive all member communications from the IOWN Global Forum. Each Board/Steering Committee/Working Group/Task Force mailing list is tied to the Group roster in the VMX Member Platform; to join a mailing list and receive email communications as well as calendar invitations you must join the Group in the VMX Member Platform.
- How you and/or your colleagues can access this tool: Every individual with a VMX Member Platform account is added to the all-members mailing list. To join a Board/Steering Committee/Working Group/Task Force mailing list join the group in the VMX Member Platform. To request a mailing list for your group, please review Instructions for Mailing Lists.
Below are common activities you may be looking to do, and which tool will help you achieve that purpose.
|Purpose of use||Current tool||Link|
|Access IOWN GF member-only video content||VMX Member Platform – Video Library||https://virtualinc.force.com/IOWN/s/video-library|
|Find Official files||VMX Member Platform – Resources||https://virtualinc.force.com/IOWN/s/resources|
|See/download meetings||VMX Member Platform – Calendar||https://virtualinc.force.com/IOWN/s/calendar|
|Find other Members||VMX Member Platform – Directory||https://virtualinc.force.com/IOWN/s/member-directory|
|Receive All Member Communications||Mailing List||https://virtualinc.force.com/IOWN/|
|Send / Receive Group Communications||Mailing List||https://virtualinc.force.com/IOWN/s/working-groups|
|Join online meetings of the BoD/SC/WG/TF||GoToMeeting/WebEx||https://virtualinc.force.com/IOWN/s/calendar|
|Join Online Member Meetings||WebEx||https://virtualinc.force.com/IOWN/s/calendar|
|Co-work in SC/WG/TF||Confluence (Standard)||https://iowngf.atlassian.net/|
|Project management Kanban board||JIRA Work Management||https://iowngf.atlassian.net/jira/|
|Get help||VMX Member Platform – Support||https://virtualinc.force.com/IOWN/s/contactsupport|
For detailed instructions on the various tool options, please review the IOWN Global Forum New Member Orientation. IOWN Global Forum hosts webinars for all Members to review the information in the orientation and answer any questions prior to every Member Meeting. For additional assistance, please reach out to [email protected].
If you have any restrictions to a tool used by IOWN Global Forum, please contact [email protected]. IOWN Global Forum strives to remain equally accessible to all Members and will consider all company restrictions. However, please note that we cannot always align with all security rules and policies from every Member company.