With over 300 attendees, IOWN Global Forum was honored to have Dr. Kawazoe welcome all members to the four-day event to share the latest news and updates on the Forum’s activities. Following Dr. Kawazoe’s welcome plenary, Opening Keynote Speaker, Dr. Yuan-Kuang Tu, President, Northern Taiwan Business Group, Chunghwa Telecom Co., Ltd., presented on Chunghwa Telecom’s activities towards Next-Generation Network.
To close out Day 1, member companies introduced themselves to one another by providing an overview of their company, highlighting who their team representatives are, and how they plan to engage with the IOWN Global Forum. This portion of the meeting was a pleasant, member-dedicated experience, which received great feedback by attendees.
On Tuesday, IOWN Global Forum’s six Board of Directors held a lively interactive panel discussion, referred to as the Board of Directors Roundtable, moderated by IOWN GF Marketing Steering Committee Chair, Craig Doeden, Director of Business Development & Partnerships Next Generation and Standards M., Intel. The IOWN GF Board consisting of Dr. Katsuhiko Kawazoe of NTT, Dr. Geng Wu of Intel, Dr. Masayuki Hattori of Sony, Mr. Gerald Degrace of Microsoft, Dr. Yuan-Kuang Tu of Chunghwa Telecom, and Mr. Vishwamitra Nandlall of Dell introduced themselves, and each answered questions asked by the forum members.
Throughout the week, members took part in several comprehensive working sessions held by Katsutoshi Itoh, Use Case Working Group Chair, Sony Corporation and Masahisa Kawashima, Technology Working Group Chair, NTT, on topics such as Open APN and Data-Centric Communication and Computing (DCC) Infrastructure.
To wrap-up the week, IOWN Global Forum leaders discussed highlights from the week, followed by an announcement about future activities of the IOWN Global Forum. Vishwamitra Nandlall, VP Technology Strategy & Ecosystems at Dell Technologies, shared closing remarks centered on the Era of Networking.
The Member Meeting consisted of 300+ global attendees from over 30 organizations
Some key takeaways from conversations discussed during the Member Meeting sessions were:
- The United Nations “Sustainable Development Goals” can also be accelerated by our work at IOWN
- We need to act now to have emerging economies become more aware of this program and to start planning for the new digital world that no longer relies on mining, manufacturing, and physical labor
- Optical, Wireless coupled with AI and Deep Learning applications really do have limitless applications
- Many well-known optical and switching companies are in the process of joining IOWN
- Digital twins that become our helpers allow us to do more work with less effort leaving more time for other enjoyable, and social activities with our families and friends
- Let us take this journey, and dream a little bit, and stretch technology a little bit without being afraid of our current perceived limitations
All presentations from the Member Meeting are now available, to all IOWN Global Forum members, via the Member Platform. If you are interested in becoming a member, learn how to join today. We thank you all for your support and involvement in making this Member Meeting such a success, and we look forward to many more member meetings in the future.